The Emotional Components Cleansing (Part 1)
I truly believe there’s a strong emotional component to cleansing successfully. I find that patients are more likely to keep to a cleanse when they are emotionally invested and mentally set on making the commitment towards their health.
In these next few days as we begin our cleanse I will be sharing The Emotional Components of Cleaning in a 2 part series with the goal of creating a more positive mindset around our program and the food we are consuming. It is important, especially in this day and age, to educate ourselves about health and what contributes to health. To truly "believe" as Hippocrates (the Father of Medicine) did when he said "LET FOOD BE THY MEDICINE". in 460 B.C. Wow how have we tumbled so far from that philosophy?
For me, one of the ways I begin this process is to watch documentaries on food and health. I have listed a few of my favorites below. Keep in mind each of these may have their own "food theory" attached, like paleo, vegan, etc. It is not as much about judging food theories, right now, as it is about the message of "food as medicine." And to understand how far our food supply has shifted from our grandmother's food supply. This is what is making us sick!
1. Food Matters - this has become my favorite. Here is a link. This movie has created its own TV channel which I adore. If interested you can sign up for a free month (I believe) and after that if interested it is $7.99 (I think?) Lots of documentaries on all kinds of amazing thought provoking subjects.
2. Fed Up - Fed Up blows the lid off everything we thought we knew about food and exercise, revealing a 30-year campaign by the food industry—aided by the U.S. government—to mislead and confuse the American public.
3. Hungry for Change - We all want more energy, an ideal body, and beautiful, younger looking skin. So what is stopping us from getting this? Hungry For Change exposes shocking secrets the diet, weight loss, and food industry don't want you to know about; deceptive strategies designed to keep you coming back for more. Find out what's keeping you from having the body and health you deserve, and how to escape the diet trap forever.
In Hungry For Change, you will learn:
How to navigate your supermarket
- what to buy and what to avoid
The real truth behind "DIET," "SUGAR-FREE" and "FAT-FREE" products
How to overcome food addictions and cravings
Why fad diets don't work
What food additives to avoid and how to read labels
What is fat and cellulite and how do we get rid of it for good
The most effective detox and cleansing strategies
How to eat for clear eyes, glowing skin and healthy hair
4. Fat Sick and Nearly Dead -FAT, SICK & NEARLY DEAD is an inspiring film that chronicles Joe Cross' personal mission to regain his health. With doctors and conventional medicines unable to help long-term, Joe turns to the only option left, the body's ability to heal itself. He trades in the junk food and hits the road with juicer and generator in tow, vowing only to drink fresh fruit and vegetable juice for the next 60 days.
5. What the Health - What The Health is a surprising, and at times hilarious, investigative documentary that will be an eye-opener for everyone concerned about our nation’s health and how big business influences it.
This one I stumbled upon this morning and will be watching today! Can't wait!
So as we shift our awareness into what it means to "cleanse" our bodies, we will be better prepared and even excited to begin! Spend a little time today and pick one documentary and see what you think! Please share your thoughts and comments or recommendations on a documentary that is your favorite!
Part 2 of this series we will move "inward" and reflect on our own personal journey through food. How to change our mindset around what we are eating and move into a healthier way of being in our world.